Health practices should be striving for best practice in accordance with their board and/or professional association guidelines.
Best practice is about creating a patient-centered health care delivery model based on, but not limited to, the following:
- Clear treatment plan and objectives.
- Clear consent process including potential costs and time commitments, and expected outcomes.
- Clear, review process, to assess progress and establish future treatment plans.
- Education and referrals to help the patient pro-actively manage their own healthcare.
- Triage management and coordination where other allied health practitioners assist in reaching the patients’ health outcomes.
As practitioners and practice owner’s this duty of care to our patients becomes a medico-legal requirement, irrespective whether they are independent contractors or employees.
At the end of the day, you owe it your patients and your community.
About the Author:
Dr. Andrew Arnold (Chiropractor) is Founder of the Practice Leverage Revolution, Principal Chiropractor and owner, Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre; Wellness Coach and Founder of Million Dollar Wellness Practice. Andrew is married to Dr. Linda Wilson, the Stress Specialist and has two children, Isaac and Bella. He lives in Melbourne, Australia.