Finding great practitioners is one thing. Retaining them is a whole other challenge.
Hi, this is Dr. Andrew Arnold (Chiropractor) from Million Dollar Wellness.
I have recruited literally over a 100 practitioners during my career and what I have learnt is what you might think is a key motivator is rarely the case.
Your challenge as a practice owner and leader is know the key motivators for each and every team member and then deliver.
HINT: It’s rarely about the money!
So here’s my top 10 in order of priority.
- Acknowledgement. Your practitioners want to feel worthy and acknowledged for who they are and what they do.
- Job Security, long Established organisation. The environment you have created makes your practitioners feel safe and comfortable, and part of something tangible.
- Dynamic, friendly, progressive team environment. Oftentimes practitioners come from working on their own or in practices with little or no interaction. Generally they’re looking for collaboration, support, learning and fun.
- Education and Training opportunities. New practitioners are eager to learn new stuff. So teach them. Provide them with video’s, content and workshops.
- Potential to expand the position. Practitioners want to feel like they’re not in a dead end position where essentially it’s not their clinic so why bother sort of attitude. We set up our team so that are building their own practices under their own brand collaborating with our brand. If they ever wanted to set up somewhere else we have a clause where they can purchase their goodwill.
- Long Term. This means stability. Young practitioners have financial commitments and so need to know you and/or your practice is going to be around for the long haul.
- State of the Art facilities. Make sure you’re up to date, that your innovative and progressive with techniques and equipment.
- Potential for future growth. Without dangling the carrot let your team know there are awesome projects on the horizon which will directly benefit them.
- Strong team spirit. Fundamentally we all need to feel the love. Your practitioners lead by love energy, that’s why they are practitioner. So give them lots of love.
- The money. Last of all it’s about the money. As practice owners we know the buck ends with us so we must lead with what I call ‘$ currency’. Our practitioners however, tend to lead with ‘love currency’ which is why the money is last on this list. Don’t get me wrong it is important of course, and ultimately we help retain but don’t make the mistake of trying to drive your team using money as the motivator.
So that’s it. Love your practitioners and they will love you back.
PS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways I can help you build your wellness practice.
- Grab a free copy of my ‘30 Practice Leverage Tips in 30 days’ e-course. It’s the roadmap to leveraging and scaling your wellness practice and moving you to a working ‘ON’ model rather than working ‘IN’ – Click Here.
- Join the Million Dollar Wellness community and connect with wellness practitioners and practice owners who are building and scaling their practices too.It’s our new Facebook community where smart coaches learn to get more income, impact, and independence. Click Here to gain access.
- Grab a copy of my e-book, ‘7 reasons why practice owners don’t have a successful Multi-practitioner Health Practice and what you can do to change that’. Click Here to download.
- Grab a copy of my FREE REPORT, ‘6 Ways to avoid getting the wrong team so you can get your practice on your right track’. Click Here to download.
- Sign up to our monthly newsletter full of both practice owner and practitioner tips to build an awesome allied health practice. Click here to subscribe.
- Join the Million Dollar Wellness program and work with and my team privately. If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to take you from 6 to 7 figures… just send me an email with the words “Scale my Practice” in the subject box… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details! Click here to reachout.
- Or just go ahead a book a FREE STRATEGY call with me. Click here to schedule a time.
Find out more…
Dr. Andrew Arnold is a Chiropractor and ACTP accredited Business Coach.
Andrew believes for health practices to thrive, their owners need to, what he refers to as ‘step up into their power’. Leadership is about leading. Sounds simple right? So why are so many practice owners struggling to make a living, eventually burning out and giving up?
Andrew has successfully built 2 multi-disciplinary health practices to nearing a million pa. He has mentored many leading practice owners helping them reach this target and beyond.
Founder: Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre and Million Dollar Wellness.
Andrew is married to Dr. Linda Wilson, the Stress Specialist and has two children, Isaac and Bella. He lives in Melbourne, Australia.
Disclaimer for Dr. Andrew B. Arnold Pty. Ltd.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimers for Million Dollar Wellness
All the information contained within this document and on these websites – www.drandrewarnold.com ; www.milliondollarwellness.com.au and – is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Million Dollar Wellness does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Million Dollar Wellness), is strictly at your own risk. Million Dollar Wellness will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
By downloading this document and using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.