Your treatment has a use-by or expiry. This could be hours, days, weeks or months but at some point, the treatment your deliver today will run its course.
Hi, this Dr. Andrew Arnold (Chiropractor) from Million Dollar Wellness.
Think about the half-life of drugs. Every medication has a different half-life where eventually the effectiveness weans off and the person either needs to re-medicate or withdraw.
For many wellness, allied health practitioners the approach is maintenance care. This means less frequent but on-going visits. The theory is prevention is better than cure rather than waiting for symptoms to re-occur.
Your clients self-directed and be able to manage this process themselves however, in my experience the majority need guidance.
The reason for this is that experienced practitioners know their treatment plan, their modality. They know what to do and when, and how this will impact and for how long.
They know the expiry or USE-BY date.
Of course, this varies. During initial care the expiry is short, during corrective care it lengthens and during maintenance care it will plateau. This may also vary with different age, work and sport factors.
As a Chiropractor I know for the majority, maintenance care sits around mthly.
This is based on the physiological fact that the spine starts to show micro-scope degenerative changes in combination with the general impact of lifestyle stresses.
So, how do you frame this with your clients?
I tell my clients this session has an expiry or use-by date of [insert timeframe]. This means you need to see me in [insert timeframe].
Clients see the importance of keeping their appointments in a whole new way. They know if they miss they will lose the momentum and need more sessions to catch up.
Of course, if your practice philosophy is finding it, fix it then leave it alone and your moving to withdrawal and discharge then this process is less relevant although does still apply during initial care.
Try the USE-BY technique with your modality.
PS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways I can help you build your wellness practice.
- Grab a free copy of my ‘30 Practice Leverage Tips in 30 days’e-course. It’s the roadmap to leveraging and scaling your wellness practice and moving you to a working ‘ON’ model rather than working ‘IN’ – Click Here.
- Join the Million Dollar Wellness community and connect with wellness practitioners and practice owners who are building and scaling their practices too.It’s our new Facebook community where smart coaches learn to get more income, impact, and independence. Click Here to gain access.
- Grab a copy of my e-book, ‘7 reasons why practice owners don’t have a successful Multi-practitioner Health Practice and what you can do to change that’. Click Here to download.
- Grab a copy of my FREE REPORT, ‘6 Ways to avoid getting the wrong team so you can get your practice on your right track’. Click Here to download.
- Sign up to our monthly newsletter full of both practice owner and practitioner tips to build an awesome allied health practice. Click here to subscribe.
- Join the Million Dollar Wellness program and work with and my team privately. If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to take you from 6 to 7 figures… just send me an email with the words “Scale my Practice” in the subject box… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details! Click here to reachout.
- Or just go ahead a book a FREE STRATEGY call with me. Click here to schedule a time.
Find out more…
Dr. Andrew Arnold is a Chiropractor and ACTP accredited Business Coach.
Andrew believes for health practices to thrive, their owners need to, what he refers to as ‘step up into their power’. Leadership is about leading. Sounds simple right? So why are so many practice owners struggling to make a living, eventually burning out and giving up?
Andrew has successfully built 2 multi-disciplinary health practices to nearing a million pa. He has mentored many leading practice owners helping them reach this target and beyond.
Andrew is married to Dr. Linda Wilson, the Stress Specialist and has two children, Isaac and Bella. He lives in Melbourne, Australia.
Disclaimer for Dr. Andrew B. Arnold Pty. Ltd.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimers for Million Dollar Wellness
All the information contained within this document and on these websites – www.drandrewarnold.com ; www.milliondollarwellness.com.au and – is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Million Dollar Wellness does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Million Dollar Wellness), is strictly at your own risk. Million Dollar Wellness will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
By downloading this document and using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.