Ever had that look, you know the one, the eye’s glaze over, start wandering then start to show annoyance, agitation and then finally downright irritation!
Hi, this Dr. Andrew Arnold (Chiropractor) from Million Dollar Wellness.
I’m referring to that client, the one who’s no longer buying.
Let’s look at the facts, actual reality Vs perceived.
Our clients have decided what they want before they even visit your practice. They’ve decided whether they are a browser or a buyer; a 1-2 visit client, 4-6 visit or long-term investor. That’s the facts.
Your job is simply to deliver your ‘essence’, your message in a well packaged new patient visit and a report of findings. Easier said than done!
Let me explain.
You’ve got about 8 seconds to get a vote of confidence from your client when you first meet them, maybe 12 seconds for blokes. That’s it! The same applies with your practice building, your reception and general atmosphere.
Remember they’ve already decided the type of client they are. Beyond the 2ndvisit (if they get that far) you’re probably trying too hard.
It’s said words only make up ~17% of our communication. It’s important to use all methods of communication from visual (graphics, posters) to tactile (models). What you say and what they hear can be very different.
For example, you give an award-winning report of findings however the browser client will only hear ‘hard sell’, ‘try hard’, ‘he just wants me to come back’, bla bla bla!
A long-term investor may also not hear your words. They’re in too much pain however, what they do hear is ‘I’m in the right place’, ‘this guy really cares’, ‘I just need to do x-y-z by next visit’.
Let’s revisit the term ‘essence’. This is the ‘between the lines’ stuff, the ‘warm fuzzies’ they feel when they start connecting with you. Your essence is about who you really are deep down, that part of you that wants to form a relationship (professional of course) with your client. It’s about connection.
So, your only job is connected with your client during the first and follow up visit. The rest is beyond your control.
Ignoring the browser client and pushing your plan. Remember we talked about that ‘look’. They glaze over, look dis-interested, you lose eye contact. You persist, trying to connect, throwing a barrage of impressive words and gestures to coerce them to ‘buy’. NEWSFLASH! They’re not buying and it’s not personal.
Let them go.
Sometimes the best referrers are the browsers.
PPS: There’s a reason we call it ‘practice’!
PS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways I can help you build your wellness practice.
- Grab a free copy of my ‘30 Practice Leverage Tips in 30 days’ e-course. It’s the roadmap to leveraging and scaling your wellness practice and moving you to a working ‘ON’ model rather than working ‘IN’ – Click Here.
- Join the Million Dollar Wellness community and connect with wellness practitioners and practice owners who are building and scaling their practices too.It’s our new Facebook community where smart coaches learn to get more income, impact, and independence. Click Here to gain access.
- Grab a copy of my e-book, ‘7 reasons why practice owners don’t have a successful Multi-practitioner Health Practice and what you can do to change that’. Click Here to download.
- Grab a copy of my FREE REPORT, ‘6 Ways to avoid getting the wrong team so you can get your practice on your right track’. Click Here to download.
- Sign up to our monthly newsletter full of both practice owner and practitioner tips to build an awesome allied health practice. Click here to subscribe.
- Join the Million Dollar Wellness program and work with and my team privately. If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to take you from 6 to 7 figures… just send me an email with the words “Scale my Practice” in the subject box… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details! Click here to reachout.
- Or just go ahead a book a FREE STRATEGY call with me. Click here to schedule a time.
Find out more…
Dr. Andrew Arnold is a Chiropractor and ACTP accredited Business Coach.
Andrew believes for health practices to thrive, their owners need to, what he refers to as ‘step up into their power’. Leadership is about leading. Sounds simple right? So why are so many practice owners struggling to make a living, eventually burning out and giving up?
Andrew has successfully built 2 multi-disciplinary health practices to nearing a million pa. He has mentored many leading practice owners helping them reach this target and beyond.
Founder: Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre and Million Dollar Wellness.
Andrew is married to Dr. Linda Wilson, the Stress Specialist and has two children, Isaac and Bella. He lives in Melbourne, Australia.
Disclaimer for Dr. Andrew B. Arnold Pty. Ltd.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com
Disclaimers for Million Dollar Wellness
All the information contained within this document and on these websites – www.drandrewarnold.com ; www.milliondollarwellness.com.au and – is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Million Dollar Wellness does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Million Dollar Wellness), is strictly at your own risk. Million Dollar Wellness will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
By downloading this document and using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.