It requires more energy to inhibit our nervous system than to excite it. What does that mean?
Have you ever noticed as you get tired and fatigued your eye starts to twitch, your muscles become cramped, you start to micro-manage everything, your sleep becomes dis-jointed and your anxiety becomes worse?
When you are depleted your body loses the ability to inhibit its response to a stimulus. It simply doesn’t have the energy to control or dampen.
Hi, this is Dr. Andrew Arnold (Chiropractor) from Million Dollar Wellness and today I want to talk about one of the most common symptoms of ‘burn-out’, being reactional rather than responsive.
I’m sure you’ve had this happen. Someone has said or done something, and you’ve flown off the handle only to then discover additional critical information that impacts your initial response and you feel like a bit of a goose.
Chances are your tired, fatigued and feeling burn out.
You’ve got your foot firmly on the accelerator but there’s no or little fuel in the tank.
It’s time to attend to your needs and fast.
So, here’s my 8-step plan to take back your ability to respond rather than react:
- Recognize this is going on. Interview those closest to you, family, business partners etc. and ask them how you have been around them lately? (Don’t take it personally).
- See a therapist and get some body work done. Releasing tension will boost your immunity and restore your energy reserves.
- Take a supplement. There are many herbals, vitamin based and homeopathic supplements that tonify the nervous system. Talk to a Naturopath if you need help.
- Meditate and breath. This will slow your brain down and start restoring your nervous system health.
- Exercise. This will also boost circulation and immunity but also, release endorphins which help relax your nervous system.
- Carve out non-negotiable time out. Book this in as if it is a critical business meeting even 5 mins. Make sure you let others know what you’re doing and be consistent.
- Read or listen to positive stuff. Make sure you like only that content that serves you, the same goes for music, social media, podcasts etc. Build your mental wealth.
- Place business card sized STOP SIGNS in prominent places, e.g. shower, car, mirror etc. This will alert your sub-conscious reminding you to respond rather than react before you consciously think about it.
Give it 24 hours.
Next time something triggers you tell yourself STOP!
Let the person know you need a day to sit on it and you will get back to them.
It’s incredible how many times 24hours changes things.
Respond don’t react.
PS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways I can help you build your wellness practice.
- Grab a free copy of my ‘30 Practice Leverage Tips in 30 days’e-course. It’s the roadmap to leveraging and scaling your wellness practice and moving you to a working ‘ON’ model rather than working ‘IN’ – Click Here.
- Join the Million Dollar Wellness community and connect with wellness practitioners and practice owners who are building and scaling their practices too.It’s our new Facebook community where smart coaches learn to get more income, impact, and independence. Click Here to gain access.
- Grab a copy of my e-book, ‘7 reasons why practice owners don’t have a successful Multi-practitioner Health Practice and what you can do to change that’. Click Here to download.
- Grab a copy of my FREE REPORT, ‘6 Ways to avoid getting the wrong team so you can get your practice on your right track’. Click Here to download.
- Sign up to our monthly newsletter full of both practice owner and practitioner tips to build an awesome allied health practice. Click here to subscribe.
- Join the Million Dollar Wellness program and work with and my team privately. If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to take you from 6 to 7 figures… just send me an email with the words “Scale my Practice” in the subject box… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details! Click here to reachout.
- Or just go ahead a book a FREE STRATEGY call with me. Click here to schedule a time.
Find out more…
Dr. Andrew Arnoldis a Chiropractor and ACTP accredited Business Coach.
Andrew believes for health practices to thrive, their owners need to, what he refers to as ‘step up into their power’. Leadership is about leading. Sounds simple right? So why are so many practice owners struggling to make a living, eventually burning out and giving up?
Andrew has successfully built 2 multi-disciplinary health practices to nearing a million pa. He has mentored many leading practice owners helping them reach this target and beyond.
Founder: Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre and Million Dollar Wellness.
Andrew is married to Dr. Linda Wilson, the Stress Specialist and has two children, Isaac and Bella. He lives in Melbourne, Australia.
Disclaimer for Dr. Andrew B. Arnold Pty. Ltd.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimers for Million Dollar Wellness
All the information contained within this document and on these websites – www.drandrewarnold.com and www.milliondollarwellness.com.au is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Million Dollar Wellness does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Million Dollar Wellness), is strictly at your own risk. Million Dollar Wellness will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
By downloading this document and using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.