Ok, so it’s time to some branding, and what better way than to get on camera!
Now I know what you’re about to say. In fact I reckon I can guess quite of few roadblocks you might consider are in the way.
- I don’t have time.
- I don’t the right equipment.
- I don’t have the right tech or know – how
- I’m too self-conscious to do a video.
- What will people think of me?
- What if I stuff it up?
- I don’t have a proper logo or brand set up.
- I don’t have a proper website.
Can you relate to any of these?
So now I going to ask to let it all go.
The reality is you need a lot of time, or tech, or equipment or knowledge. In fact you don’t have to get it right.
As my friend and mentor Marcus Bird always says, “Action precedes clarity” and “Publish before perfect”!
So have a go.
Here’s the plan.
- Use your phone for video. Buy a selfie stick off EBAY, and maybe a wired microphone. RODE is the brand we recommend, cost ~$60 for both items.
- Use your PC for editing. We recommend IMOVIE in MAC and MOVIE MAKER for PC, both already built in, no additional costing. Then jump on a YOUTUBE channel and find out how to edit. Then get a Vimeo-PLUS account, $6 per month USD, to host your videos.
- Subscribe to a stock image supplier, we recommend BIGSTOCK or ADOBE for thumbnail covers for your videos on VIMEO.
- Go to FIVRR and grab a logo design, <$5. You can upgrade it later.
- Social media, choose 3: We recommend Facebook, LinkedIN and Google+. Set up your pages using a consistent banner.
Now for the video proforma:
There are 4 parts:
The Introduction: This is where you introduce you and your brand and what you’re
The teaching part: This is where you share something valuable. Be generous.
Call to action: Invite them to take action, sign up to something, like your Facebook
Sign off: Develop a characteristic sign off, a tag line. Again this can evolve
Later, e.g. ‘Thanks for tuning in, this is Andrew Arnold, The Practice Leverage Expert.
When you’re starting out keep your videos to around 2 minutes or less and do lots of them. It takes practice but you will get better and more confident.
And finally, when you are feeling more confident try Facebook LIVE.
Remembers, publish before perfect.
About the Author:
Dr. Andrew Arnold (Chiropractor) is the ‘Practice Leverage Expert’; Principal Chiropractor and owner, Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre; Business Consultant; Founder, Million Dollar Wellness Practice. Andrew is married to Dr. Linda Wilson, the Stress Specialist and has two children, Isaac and Bella. He lives in Melbourne, Australia.