Are you so focused on your clients, your practitioners, you…that maybe you neglecting your reception team?
In a busy multi-disciplinary practice, it’s not unusual to fall out of balance.
So, in this article I want to give you a gentle but firm reminder.
Your reception is the hub of your practice. Imagine air traffic control at an airport. Imagine if this wasn’t running well, what could happen? At least chaos!
Your reception is the air traffic control for your practice. They are the first and last person your clients interact with. They control the energy of the waiting room before and after your patient sees you.
Their role is quite simply, critical to the smooth operations of your practice.
Now imagine asking your receptionist to step into your consulting room and interact with your client in that space, treatment aside. How would they feel? Intimidated? Over-whelmed, distracted, nervous, lacking confidence etc. and yet you manage this space almost effortlessly and automatically.
Now imagine your receptionist asking you to step behind reception. I guarantee you will feel much the same (unless you have previously working at reception).
Now let me take this one step further.
Imagine having a new graduate observe you in the room, or your receptionist sending you a message or interrupting you with an urgent distraction. How does this effect your flow, your concentration, your intention?
Now imagine engaging with reception when they are managing incoming patients and the waiting room.
You get the picture.
In the same way reception support and respect your energetic flow in the room, the practitioner team need to support and respect the energetic flow at reception and the waiting room.
Both require different skill sets which take time to learn and develop.
So, practitioners, be sensitive to this; understand even your mere presence can be a distraction. Your practice owner should encourage you to move around the practice however, try sitting in the waiting room and engaging with clients. Engage with reception but limit this so as not to distract their focus. You want your reception team fully focused on bringing in the energy, right?
Receptionists, if there’s a door close it. Mark out your boundaries, protect your space and your energy, and if practitioners are hanging around tell them to move on, that you have things you need to focus on.
Reception is air traffic control! The practitioners are the aircraft and the clients the passengers.
PS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 7 ways I can help you build your wellness practice.
- Grab a free copy of my ‘30 Practice Leverage Tips in 30 days’ e-course. It’s the roadmap to leveraging and scaling your wellness practice and moving you to a working ‘ON’ model rather than working ‘IN’ – Click Here.
- Join the Million Dollar Wellness community and connect with wellness practitioners and practice owners who are building and scaling their practices too.It’s our new Facebook community where smart coaches learn to get more income, impact, and independence. Click Here to gain access.
- Grab a copy of my e-book, ‘7 reasons why practice owners don’t have a successful Multi-practitioner Health Practice and what you can do to change that’. Click Here to download.
- Grab a copy of my FREE REPORT, ‘6 Ways to avoid getting the wrong team so you can get your practice on your right track’. Click Here to download.
- Sign up to our monthly newsletter full of both practice owner and practitioner tips to build an awesome allied health practice. Click here to subscribe.
- Join the Million Dollar Wellness program and work with and my team privately. If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to take you from 6 to 7 figures… just send me an email with the words “Scale my Practice” in the subject box… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details! Click here to reachout.
- Or just go ahead a book a FREE STRATEGY call with me. Click here to schedule a time.
Find out more…
Dr. Andrew Arnold is a Chiropractor and ACTP accredited Business Coach.
Andrew believes for health practices to thrive, their owners need to, what he refers to as ‘step up into their power’. Leadership is about leading. Sounds simple right? So why are so many practice owners struggling to make a living, eventually burning out and giving up?
Andrew has successfully built 2 multi-disciplinary health practices to nearing a million pa. He has mentored many leading practice owners helping them reach this target and beyond.
Founder: Cranbourne Family Chiropractic and Wellness Centre and Million Dollar Wellness.
Andrew is married to Dr. Linda Wilson, the Stress Specialist and has two children, Isaac and Bella. He lives in Melbourne, Australia.
Disclaimer for Dr. Andrew B. Arnold Pty. Ltd.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimers for Million Dollar Wellness
All the information contained within this document and on these websites – www.drandrewarnold.com ; www.milliondollarwellness.com.au and – is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Million Dollar Wellness does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Million Dollar Wellness), is strictly at your own risk. Million Dollar Wellness will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
By downloading this document and using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
Should we update, amend or make any changes to this document, those changes will be prominently posted here.